Monday, January 03, 2005

Some questions

I have some questions revolving around in my mind for long, or say from the time I have started seeing myself as a Computer Engineer...

1. Assume all your degrees and certificates are gone. You have no piece of paper saying anything about you. Also, asssume there are absolutely nothing related to computers anywhere. Now, what can you do for your livelihood?

My options are - open a "dancing school for small kids", take some tutions of maths, physics..., teach in some primary school , work as a receptionist in a hotel, company etc...
What are your choices!

2. How far can you take a new civillization with your brain, knowledge and skills, if you are left alone with them with no aids of the present world?

I guess, for this one, mechanical engineers have an edge :)

3 comments:

amit upadhyay said...

1. Assume all your degrees and certificates are gone. You have no piece of paper saying anything about you. Also, asssume there are absolutely nothing related to computers anywhere. Now, what can you do for your livelihood? umm.. if there are abs nothing related to computers anywhere and u have a degree in it, how abt making a living making them? u know the gates, and or etc, make flip flops, then registers and well see where it takes u... or may be u ll be inventing wheels and stuff, it all depends on how far back have u been thrown back when the civilization ended :P

but dont u worry i know why are u having such thoughts, u taking vacations at iit, and thinking what will happen to the world when u r not there saving it ;)

Unknown said...

Actually, these thoughts are from pre-IIT era :)

Anyways, it seems you are the only one who read my Blogs :( I should give away my blog URL to some more people, to get some more answers to my questions...

Anonymous said...

i could manage the basics like fire, wheel, bows, darts, bathroom, toilet, salt (doubtful about pepper). their would be a male or bunch of males leading the herd. with my skills i could be the wise man. i doubt the ability to sell the concept of school. incidentally lucifer's hammer by crichton is about this.